A Cold Day
It's Cold! Today.
It's a cold day in January.
The January rises like a big winter.
Why does the blizzard freeze?
Where is the frozen arctic?
It's moved into my attic.
So cold, that diamonds freeze?
Endurance, hate, and cold.
The icy girl screaming, views the coat.
January please melt!
Ronald Chapman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Cold Day by Ronald Chapman )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- No further work, gajanan mishra
- SALAH AND SALAH, Metin Sahin
- LIFE AND DEATH, Metin Sahin
- Ni ha, Nassy Fesharaki
- Rush Hour, Anthony Daniels
- How Dare You, Anthony Daniels
- Rainfall, Anthony Daniels
- Maintaining Excellency, Anthony Daniels
- A Crying Shame, Anthony Daniels
- Crystal Consciousness, Margaret Alice Second