A Condescending Love
God, who’s seated above the sky, condescended to this world below.
He who reigns from up on high, came to earth with His Love to show.
God sent His Son for you and I, a Savior sent, whom we could know.
The Living God came down to die; having sent a gift of life to bestow.
A gift to bestow to all the earth, and the gift from God is Eternal Life.
A gift to the world of eternal worth, the gift was His Only Son Christ.
He came to fill our hearts with mirth, in this world of darkened strife.
He came to offer us New Birth, and by His Spirit we have New Life.
Christ left His Throne in Paradise, and came into this darkened world.
Jesus came to be God’s Sacrifice, is the message John would herald.
Christ is The Way, Truth and Life, and came as The Light of the world.
New Life is only in Jesus Christ, is the message we all need to herald.
All who believe upon Jesus Christ, from The Lord receive a New Birth.
Then receive a New Spirit and Life, built upon our dear Savior’s worth.
We then become a living sacrifice, as His ambassadors on this earth.
With New Life we point to Christ, as we look towards an Eternal mirth.
Christ condescended once my friend, down to this lost world in need.
The first time He met a tragic end, when nailed upon a cross to bleed.
But Christ did this for us my friend, so in the Savior we could believe.
Today Heaven can be your end, if only Christ Jesus you will receive.
Bob Gotti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Condescending Love by Bob Gotti )
- ~True Love ~, Aftab Alam
- A Country on Its Knees, mai venn
- Uncontrollable Poet, Erato
- Clocks, fiona sinclair
- Day Tripper, fiona sinclair
- Internet Dating, fiona sinclair
- Precious life it is!, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Family portrait, fiona sinclair
- Post dated appointment, fiona sinclair
- Moody hopes, Chai Amos
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)