Humility And Pride
Two emotions deep down inside, are those of humility and pride,
They produce what men may see, in the life of both you and me.
A haughty spirit can sure reside, in a heart that’s filled with pride.
A humble spirit is in you and me, when you’re filled with humility.
You can lift yourself up with pride, but God’s Word is not denied,
And God’s Word is clear and loud, God will humble all the proud.
Men may believe that they are wise; but that is only in their eyes.
For all of pride, my dear friend, by The Lord shall be condemned.
Men who are humble and meek, by proud men considered weak,
By The Lord are never despised, but truly favored in God’s eyes.
The Lord will exalt humble men; for this is in His Word my friend,
They will be lifted up by The Lord, as by God they’re not ignored.
On the cross there was no pride, as Jesus Christ our Savior died.
Christ had displayed for us humility, as The Savior of all humanity.
The Eternal God, far from weak, was to all men humble and meek.
God’s example is for all to behold, and His Word will not grow old.
Friend pride can be a hindrance, to the life Christ has given to us,
Pride will never be used by God, but it shall be judged by His rod.
Allow Christ’s humble spirit within, then you shall be used by Him,
As only a meek and humble life, truly displays the power of Christ.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Humility And Pride by Bob Gotti )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Resurrection, Naveed Khalid
- The Wind, the Sun and the Moon, Anne Stevenson
- On Going Deaf, Anne Stevenson
- In the Orchard, Anne Stevenson
- THINKING OF YOCHANA, Terry Collett
- Poem for a Daughter, Anne Stevenson
- Nivedhitha is a nice girl!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- COPLA 90 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- My crude attempt to assess her happiness, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Making Poetry, Anne Stevenson