Joseph T. Renaldi
A Conscientious Father
You have been a conscientious father,
You always gave me a helping hand,
You comforted me during times of tribulation,
You always helped me take a formidable stand.
You always helped to satisfy my needs,
And to alleviate many of my daily fears.
You encouraged me when failure was inevitable,
And strengthened my will to succeed through the years.
You proudly supported me everyday of my life,
When the turbulence was rocky and long.
You instilled an everlasting courage in me,
Supporting righteousness - censuring evil and wrong.
Your positive guidance and direction enabled me
To restore strength and courage to my heart,
Never complaining as my formative years went by,
Accepting the responsibilities of doing your part.
Now, that you have departed from this earth,
A thought that always makes me so sad,
I gratefully remember what you meant to me,
As I tearfully say, ' Thanks for being a wonderful Dad.'
Joseph T. Renaldi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Conscientious Father by Joseph T. Renaldi )
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Inspiration, Henry David Thoreau
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- the old tatered blanket, Clara Keiper
- Going Ahead, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Bless You, Michael P. McParland
- Richard Doe, Adeosun Olamide
- The Most Important Part, Loyd C. Taylor
- Separate Paths, Lora Colon
- Dream Actualizers, Saiom Shriver
- Promise Me! ! !, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- 2015 is still ahead, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Those Who Long For Death, Saiom Shriver