A Cynical Point Of View
I've never met a man I didn't like
That's what Will Rodgers used to say
But with what he said I don't agree
I see things in a different way.
Some men have stolen from my purse
And some have harmed me with their mouth
I know not many I can trust
And fewer still I care about.
I've lost faith in humanity
So few on whom I can depend
Far too many trying to hoodwink me
Myself is my own greatest friend.
Now could it be that in Will Rodgers day
All human hearts were free of sin
Or do I only highlight my own faults
By belittling my fellow men.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Cynical Point Of View by Francis Duggan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A Tingly Feeling, Alvin Jenner
- *A Jester, C. P. Sharma
- Writing For A Living Echoing Life Drama, Terence G. Craddock
- Tomorrow's Wager, Ritika Abigail
- All I Want..., Ritika Abigail
- *Where is Death? *, C. P. Sharma
- Oh! Palestine, Aminath Neena
- Questions Of The Dark..., Ritika Abigail
- Writing Written Classic Plot Our Lives, Terence G. Craddock
- Stripper Tit, Richard Thripp