A Darker Turn For Us
More change, Lord, please help me, in a future I know not or can see,
Please help me with grace along the way, abiding in you, day by day,
While things appear even darker still, remind me that I am in Your Will.
Knowing that you are watching over me, what is ahead I need not see.
You’ve held me in my trials and fears, sustaining me over three years,
Showering me with all needed Grace, through whatever I need to face,
Wherever my journey had me go, your plentiful Love did always show,
Pouring love and grace in my life, not only on me but also on my wife.
Lord please continuing sustaining me, through a time we’ve yet to see,
Please guide both me and my wife, in a future where uncertainty is rife,
While relying not on man’s medicine, but your Spirit, Who dwells within,
As our pathway again has turned, guide us to live out all we’ve learned.
This disease is not pleasant at all, but, You Lord are big and it is small,
Please Lord afford us both Your Mercy, as the end we have yet to see,
Lord, I know we’re both in your hand, in this time we do not understand,
So please fill us both with Your Peace, so through all it will never cease.
Lord, it’s your place and your time, when I shall see my path so sublime,
That reality as I enter into Heaven above, all promised through your love,
For what this cancer cannot do, is take from me the fact of knowing you,
So if this cancer does take my life, I’ll be in the presence of Jesus Christ.
Bob Gotti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Darker Turn For Us by Bob Gotti )
- Behind The Mountains, Bismark Sosu
- Sonnet # 530, Luis Estable
- Jesus saw something in me that others fa.., Royston Allen
- Seasons Away, Bismark Sosu
- "What manner of Man is this? ".., Royston Allen
- The Bench, Renee Russon
- Sonnet # 529, Luis Estable
- Desire, Deborah Kelley
- DO NOT ASSUME, Donald R Charon
- poisons by s.r 2, skye robertson
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)