A Day's Work
What ho! A day’s work is done.
Work indeed! For I’ve done none.
No bread is earned, no bacon won,
Oh, the sand of words is run.
For me there’s no appreciation,
For you can’t sell poems to an American.
Sophia White's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Day's Work by Sophia White )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- essay 1, gordon nosworthy
- Grasping Sunlight, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Love Unrequited, Saiom Shriver
- Stop the dance, gajanan mishra
- Beautiful Wisdom, Lilly Emery
- A Silent Heart, Aanuoluwa Adebanjo
- It is all nectar, gajanan mishra
- Poverty In The 21st Century, Winston Harding
- Gentle Roach, Saiom Shriver
- Random Thoughts, Queeny Gona