A Day To Remember
In exactly 22 days, it'll be exactly 2 years since I met you
And I wish that in exactly 22 days, I can get to meet you again
It hasn't been easy... Holding it inside this long...
But somehow I'm still able to get through this jagged terrain
In exactly 40 days, it'll be exactly 2 years since I fell for you
And I can say that in exactly 40 days, I'll still be feeling the same way
I may not have seen you for over a year and abit now...
But trust me, it'll take a lot longer than that for it to start to decay
In exactly 57 days, it'll be exactly 2 years since we crumbled
And ever since that day, even today, I'm still crumbling to the ground
I have my ups and downs... But never do I truly come around...
My heart is still so broken and bound, still so wistful and unsound
I know you're sick and tired of me not being able to let things go
But for what it's worth, I can't bear to just give you up and surrender
I'll forever cherish the smile you gave me... On the day you saved me...
The 3rd of December, a day to remember...
(11th November 2011) - My 103rd Poem...
Teddy Ang's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Day To Remember by Teddy Ang )
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(25 July 1956)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Thanks for Remembering Us, Dana Gioia
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- Tarantella, Hilaire Belloc
- Gratefulness, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
Poem of the Day
- The Land, Marites C. Cayetano
- Touch and claim, hasmukh amathalal
- Sonnet: The Awesome Creator, Dr John Celes
- Sashay, Cee Bea
- Snakes are snakes always, gajanan mishra
- Sonnets Uncorseted, Maxine Kumin
- Sky, mina lotfi
- Where are my children, gajanan mishra
- Winter Festival Chant, Luo Zhihai
- A Humble Heroine, Max Plowman