A Demon's introspection
In the recesses of my mind
Lurks an imaginary fiend;
a part of my psyche’s design
borne of a roguish, mutate gene.
Deceit belies my comeliness
To my casual encounters,
I’m well-mannered and smartly dressed
I’m an unsuspecting monster.
Damn fools! Clothes never make the man
nor his discriminating taste.
This real man is more inhuman
whose moral state is unchaste.
I was born with this affliction
Wreaking pain is satisfaction.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Demon's introspection by Albert Ahearn )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Inside Out, Diane Wakoski
- Blue Monday, Diane Wakoski
- Belly Dancer, Diane Wakoski
- nigeria freedom, ademola oluwabusayo
- I Am A Frog, Lilly Emery
- ray of sunshine, ademola oluwabusayo
- what kills you; helps me live, Rodney R. Cooper
- Imagination, Jason J. Yu
- August, Paola Degli Esposti
- Her Beauty., Jason J. Yu