A Doll Lies
The doll lay across my lap,
Lodged firmly so I could not sustain;
No birthdays, no right time to define.
This doll cried fevers of words
So slim and gentle to be forgiven.
My easy pet was a righteous player
Of music that sadly missed occupation
By the spirits of the darkness.
Wavering, with tears of sobbing kindness,
The voice appeared before the soul
That was mine,
And it cried while it was dying,
It lamented due to godly help,
So washing and agreeing
That sweetness spoke and wetness died.
My dolls are sculpted by numerous men
Or toy-makers that you do concern with the
Centipedes or the centuries.
Both truth and lying appear before the face,
So fixed in solitude, like the weeping
Of sensations that tear at the heart.
My voice reiterated and stole the ghouls
From the wet air, casting my shadows adrift
So as to finally wash the dolls of their sin.
They wailed in the trees and eyes of the forest,
Linking their tongues with their languages
Like sodden creatures of the night
Always in obedience with the satanic demons.
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Doll Lies by Naveed Akram )
- That Second Hand Music, Richard Provencher
- Seven That Second Hand Music (c) 2014, Richard Provencher
- keep slate clean, hasmukh amathalal
- The Holy Cross of Jesus Christ, Dr John Celes
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.31, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.30, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.29, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.28, Monk E. Biz
- A profession, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.27, Monk E. Biz
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- 01 And That's How It Is, Shaun Shane
- 02 tired of thought, Shaun Shane
- 03 a love who's just like me, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Udiah (witness to Yah)