A Dream of You
And in your eyes I see myself
But in your heart I don't exist
And when your mind wants just a rest
I put your feelings to a test. To lose - you risk.
Be for yourself, be by my side
For me to be alive again, to breathe.
You like it when I buy your trust
You'll like it when my heart will freeze
I'm listening to angels' screams
Their music shuts my thoughts and I may dream
But dreams are grey, you paint them in that fashion
You are not my obsession. You are my mind's sin.
It's you. And only 'you' there is.
For this is not a shame, it is a bliss.
There are no cries, no life, no death it seems.
But as I wake up... This is it, I made it, I'm at peace.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Dream of You by Igor Wolfson )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A Flagrant Hesitancy-, Thomas Bates
- to the boy, now a man, driving a Silverado, Mandolyn Davidson
- One Whisper... ~~~Rumi, LUVinThe NOW
- Naturally Dispersed, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Pluripotent (return hexatina refrains), Diane Hine
- A Woman's Life, Geraldine Kelly
- What is this love?, Mark Heathcote
- Winter Emotions, Jonyta Ward
- What the Seasons Bring, Jonyta Ward
- She's Mine, Robert Williams