Across the crowded room I'm in,
I look and there's a face.
Have I seen you somewhere else,
in some other place?
I feel as though time's standing still.
Not one second ticks.
If I see your eyes meet mine
time will play its tricks.
Maybe we've met before
for your face I've always known.
I've dreamt of it so many times.
My heart will turn to stone
if you leave and I am left
with so much doom and gloom.
Your face will only be for me
a memory in a room.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A FACE by Edwina Reizer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Electric Blue, Leah Ayliffe
- Exception, hasmukh amathalal
- Sad Tragic Moments, Ronell Warren Alman
- The curdling moon, Mark Heathcote
- Look up or down, hasmukh amathalal
- Igor, Von Kimball Barney
- Does He Think Of Me, Brianna Kimball
- Live the life king size, hasmukh amathalal
- Tropic Interlude, Liilia Talts Morrison
- The Bear and the Crow, Stephen Katona