Across the crowded room I'm in,
I look and there's a face.
Have I seen you somewhere else,
in some other place?
I feel as though time's standing still.
Not one second ticks.
If I see your eyes meet mine
time will play its tricks.
Maybe we've met before
for your face I've always known.
I've dreamt of it so many times.
My heart will turn to stone
if you leave and I am left
with so much doom and gloom.
Your face will only be for me
a memory in a room.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A FACE by Edwina Reizer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- All That I Know, Suburban Lovechild
- I Remained Silent, Lilly Emery
- They touched My Shoulder, Buxton Shippy
- The Outcast, Maverick Jones
- COLORS الالوان, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- dont mess with granny smith, lee fones
- COLRS الالوان, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Dog And The Cat, Chris Ekong
- leave me your hands so i can learn how t.., Mandolyn Davidson
- Find Love All Around, Musfiq us shaleheen