Once upon a time somewhere…
There lived a king who had no heir.
Without someone to take the throne
his kingdom would be lost & so his home.
He dreamed of a beauty that he could not yet see,
because he knew the witch would not let it be
She’d cursed his heart so it could not be found,
Thus keeping his soul forever – spirit bound.
He knew he shouldn’t, but he was losing faith,
then she came – his true love – O, so brave.
She freed his heart and broke the spell.
In doing so the evil witch was sent to hell.
A few months later they got a son,
who grew up strong and became the chosen one
He lead his people for many years,
with wisdom and goodness he killed their fears.
The land was healed and blessed with love,
a powerful gift sent from above.
In heaven the angels sang with laughter
& then they all lived happily ever after.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Fairytale by Renee Maritz )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Walk with a child, gajanan mishra
- leave something for reason, Manonton Dalan
- Dear Life! I'm not mad at you, Piyush Dey
- give me love in a ditch, as long as it's.., Mandolyn ...
- Haiku: 'Schrodinger's Cat' pontificates .., Brian Johnston
- Child - symbol of, gajanan mishra
- नोँ दागाबसै आयै, Bahadur Basumatary
- Eyes speak, hasmukh amathalal
- My First Laptop, Richard Flappa
- pop prose that turns to poo, Mandolyn ...