A Few Words Of Wisdom
>Dance, we do to the Devil's tune,
swinging, swaying during it's full moon,
for when young we don't care,
of what can happen when we do not hear,
to the words of wisdom, that seldom come,
only later to regret what life has become.
Some are fortunate, who plan to choose,
from life's alternatives and seldom loose.
Some wander away in life's Ocean like nomads,
not seeking the correct path, makes them mad.
The devil lures you to the world of lust,
with greed and hatred welcomed, you turn to dust.
So never allow the devil to rule,
and later to repent that 'i was a fool'.
Life is not, that easy a ride,
obstracles can come, we must seek that guide,
who is nowhere else but resides within,
when in trouble, who always tells something,
listen to the words of your innerself.
Seek the company of the good and wise,
refuse to accept the devil inside,
learn to swim away from that high tide,
and refuse to be intoxicated, by that temporary pride.
The best of the gifts is the gift of wisdom,
those who understand it well, build a kingdom,
of lovely thoughts and noble deeds.
so take those baby steps towards it,
and never you'll regret your life went without it.
Deepak Calyampoondi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Few Words Of Wisdom by Deepak Calyampoondi )
- Normal, Foster Teegarden
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #14, Ronjoy Brahma
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #13, Ronjoy Brahma
- Duty, Obligation, love-optional, Mr. Nobody Nothing
- Need not stuff, hasmukh amathalal
- Lonely Hearts, Sandra Feldman
- Strikethrough, Foster Teegarden
- How the Masters Roll~, Mr. Nobody Nothing
- Hidden Love~, Mr. Nobody Nothing
- broken heart, jaquesha webb
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Ralph Waldo Emerson
(1803 - 1882)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)