A FIRE WITHIN
When a fire is burning within
the mind will keep it lit.
Fanning the flame with every breath
will not allow it to quit.
And whosoever has no fire
posesses a mind that's numb.
No amount of fanning the breath
will allow them to become
wired, inspired and filled with passion
for any worldly thing.
They will spend their time here on earth
with never a song to sing.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A FIRE WITHIN by Edwina Reizer )
- Natural, David Chap Bottoms
- I end poem, hasmukh amathalal
- here's my armadillo, now get me a pillow.., Mandolyn ...
- A, Vera Sidhwa
- With her ability, hasmukh amathalal
- Inhuman way, hasmukh amathalal
- THERE IS…, michael walkerjohn
- My words, hasmukh amathalal
- Nice ending, hasmukh amathalal
- Found in, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- XVII (I do not love you...), Pablo Neruda
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)