A Firm Foundation
God takes you through His Revelation, to put you on a firm foundation,
He takes you from your shaky ground, to build on The Truth you found.
Many men come from every nation, drawn to Truth through Revelation,
And the Truth that these men found, is The Rock that’s sure and sound.
The Rock my friend is Jesus Christ; He’s a firm foundation for your life.
When you enter through The Door, He sets your footing firm and sure.
Friend, even in the midst of strife, your firm foundation is Jesus Christ.
An Eternal Rock is Christ our Lord; He is firm and steady forevermore.
Christ is more than just salvation, for He is The Light of every nation.
As you travel the world’s night, Christ, my friend, is your guiding light.
Safely guided to your destination, being led by The God of creation.
Christ will bring you through the night, in a way that is sure and right.
When you come to Jesus Christ, you my friend, shall have a surer life.
Indeed, a surer life in any place, leaning upon God’s Awesome Grace.
Filled with the peace of Jesus Christ, as you go through pain and strife,
For at any time and in any place, you friend, can seek The Lord’s face.
Indeed, Christ is a firm foundation, that leads you to Eternal Salvation,
And when you get through this night, you will see God’s Eternal Light.
When in your life The Lord is found, you will be upon Eternal Ground.
So my friend, come to Jesus Christ, and you shall inherit Eternal Life.
Bob Gotti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Firm Foundation by Bob Gotti )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Mark Strand
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Thankful For You KP, Michael P. McParland
- Ten Dozen Red Roses, Michael P. McParland
- Eyes of Genesis, Merton Lee
- Haiku Concert At Day Break, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Sending All My Love, Michael P. McParland
- Saved, Michael P. McParland
- What Does It Matter, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Villanelle: Wander not into a land where.., T (no first name) Wignesan
- He Has Always Been Inside Us, Merton Lee
- Rock Hard Passion, Michael P. McParland