A FLICKER IN THE DARK
A flicker in the dark
or just a tiny spark
can start a flame inside of you
that will make its mark.
This mark will keep you burning
and help to keep you yearning
to know the reason you were born.
That reason is for learning.
Why else would we dare enter
a place that at its center
is filled with too much sorrow in its core?
Thus, I am a dissenter.
I reject mainstream philosophy
and the principles of theocracy.
My ruler has always been my brain
which never brings hypocrisy.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A FLICKER IN THE DARK by Edwina Reizer )
- Life's a Ball, Alice Cordy
- 'Did I ever Exist? ', Ananta Madhavan
- Keep safe, hasmukh amathalal
- Sunshine, Hanh Chau
- The Power Of Prayer, Tom Zart
- Mini Pool Tournament, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Tonight And Every Night, Michael McParland
- Ongoing Mental De-Evolution, michael walkerjohn
- Crossroads Of Destiny, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Spaces Of Intellect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1927)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)