A FLICKER IN THE DARK
A flicker in the dark
or just a tiny spark
can start a flame inside of you
that will make its mark.
This mark will keep you burning
and help to keep you yearning
to know the reason you were born.
That reason is for learning.
Why else would we dare enter
a place that at its center
is filled with too much sorrow in its core?
Thus, I am a dissenter.
I reject mainstream philosophy
and the principles of theocracy.
My ruler has always been my brain
which never brings hypocrisy.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A FLICKER IN THE DARK by Edwina Reizer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Two Baldy Ladies, Neela Nath
- The Painter Rearranges the Mirrors (1415), Cole Swensen
- OUR STREETS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Evolution of the Garden, Cole Swensen
- Dr Dalek, Stratis Havarti
- No legal bar, gajanan mishra
- Make believe, hasmukh amathalal
- Informed World, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Fading Dreams, Gillian Commerford
- an Ode to Cindy, Tim Labbe