BEAUTY OF LIFE
I wonder as I look around
at all the beauty that I've found.
I've found it in the smallest places.
I've found it in the smiles on faces.
I've found it in majestic sights.
I've found it in an eagle's flights.
And as I've seen it with my eyes
I've slowly come to realize
that all the beauty that I see
belongs to you and belongs to me.
This beauty should be shared by all.
Each beating heart should never fall
Quiet, never to beat again
without the memory of where or when
it captured the sights it got to see.
For what is life?
What can it be?
If not for beauty that's all around
you have not seen, nor have you found
what it is we came here for.
You came to know beauty, nothing more.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (BEAUTY OF LIFE by Edwina Reizer )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Skin Grafting 2, Kim Barney
- Kira I Care, Michael P. McParland
- King Of Kings, Michael P. McParland
- Keeping The Faith, Michael P. McParland
- In Line With Love, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Silent Sentinel 2, Kim Barney
- Just Know, Michael P. McParland
- Just Being There, Michael P. McParland
- Weihnachtsglocken, Wolfgang Steinmann
- Luggage Lady, Randy Resh