BEAUTY OF LIFE
I wonder as I look around
at all the beauty that I've found.
I've found it in the smallest places.
I've found it in the smiles on faces.
I've found it in majestic sights.
I've found it in an eagle's flights.
And as I've seen it with my eyes
I've slowly come to realize
that all the beauty that I see
belongs to you and belongs to me.
This beauty should be shared by all.
Each beating heart should never fall
Quiet, never to beat again
without the memory of where or when
it captured the sights it got to see.
For what is life?
What can it be?
If not for beauty that's all around
you have not seen, nor have you found
what it is we came here for.
You came to know beauty, nothing more.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (BEAUTY OF LIFE by Edwina Reizer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Carnal Succubus, Is It Poetry
- The Music Just Stops, mike scully
- colorful lies, Mary Amrutha
- Bonus post, Mae AC.
- My Left Hand, Kyle Schlicher
- The Mad Scientist Writing, Kyle Schlicher
- Right or Wrong, Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran
- A Real Friend, Margaret Moran
- you're a vessel i want live on twelve mo.., Mandolyn ...
- Riff on Bruce's Post Card Love Affairs, David McLansky