A Forgotten Song
We have given up the heart's desire,
Love that was blisters on feet
In flames we dreamt a paradise.
We have given up going and coming
Laying flowers on the door opening
To the bliss in you that ever existed.
From the nook in the corner we have
Given up looking to the dew of the morning;
The silver of the noon and red of the evening.
Looking to the moon a song touching lips.
We have given up visiting,
The street of rapture and madness.
We have given up looking deep
In those eyes, holding that chin,
Kissing that cheek playing with that hair.
Seeing who else is like us,
Who also is a moth to the candle.
We have given up loving you;
Except that still your love makes us sing;
A forgotten song sometimes!
Sadiqullah Khan's Other Poems
Topic(s): love and art
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Forgotten Song by Sadiqullah Khan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Rocket C'est Moi 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- IMITATION 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Pugad ng pag ibig, Jesus James Llorico
- EXPECTATIONS 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- My friend, joe foster
- SELF VS SELFISH 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- WISEASS VS. WISEGUY 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- SUCCESS 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Condemn me, hasmukh amathalal
- GETTING EVEN 10 WORD, Beryl Dov