A Forgotten Song
We have given up the heart's desire,
Love that was blisters on feet
In flames we dreamt a paradise.
We have given up going and coming
Laying flowers on the door opening
To the bliss in you that ever existed.
From the nook in the corner we have
Given up looking to the dew of the morning;
The silver of the noon and red of the evening.
Looking to the moon a song touching lips.
We have given up visiting,
The street of rapture and madness.
We have given up looking deep
In those eyes, holding that chin,
Kissing that cheek playing with that hair.
Seeing who else is like us,
Who also is a moth to the candle.
We have given up loving you;
Except that still your love makes us sing;
A forgotten song sometimes!
Sadiqullah Khan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Forgotten Song by Sadiqullah Khan )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Naveed Khalid
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Sir Walter Scott
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Exposure, Wilfred Owen
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Ring Out , Wild Bells, Alfred Lord Tennyson
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- The unknown face, vinit ghosh
- Kiss Me Bye, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Lust, Love, Hate, Pain, freya busby
- ruff draft.., Leila Hadi
- On Repeat, Leila Hadi
- Ammunition for the Cause, Leila Hadi
- my high school poetry, Leila Hadi
- westnile, Leila Hadi
- With colors, gajanan mishra
- OBITUARY TO INNOCENTS (KILLED SCHOOL CHI.., shuvo chakraborty