A foster parent is a person who provides care
for children who are unable to live with their natural or biological parents because in most cases,
their natural or biological parents often developed and maintained unreasonable habits-
Some wre deserted, abused, and neglected-
so God sent a shield-down to protect them-
He sent someone whom would love, care, and nourish them-
not someone whom would hate, ignore and abandon them.
To be a foster parent
requires understanding of a child's past-
and realizing that their desire is to be first
because in most cases, they were unwillingly last-
to understand that their entire lives-
is a result of all they have gone through-
and to teach them new and better things that they can do.
Bernard Ceasar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Foster-Parent by Bernard Ceasar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Yes I Do, Lalit Kaira
- Wooden Footprints, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- New Migration Equilibriums Time Shift Es.., Terence G. Craddock
- bonnie to your clyde, Mandolyn ...
- Purpose Of Life!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Corridors, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- My Forever Crying Angel, Vlad Mutuleanu
- ThankYou!, Geetha Jayakumar
- let the wild rumpus start!, Mandolyn ...
- Day 28 of July 2014, Erica Borges