A Gateless Barrier
Nearing heaven and hell
Between two sides of a coin
Temple without a bell
Without ones to join
In time's slope
In galactic halls
Never was silence so loud a noise
All the colors in one color...
No colors in one color...
Black and White are senseless names...
They mean None and All
Gateless Barrier's furniture...
The ones searching for it...
Conqueror or Vulture?
Beyond Gateless Barrier?
These tears in your face
Are so much scarier
Than your fruitless chase
Can't you hear me?
I say Deeper...
Behind your tears... and Deeper...
It is your pain... and Deeper...
Your fears... and Deeper...
Behind your heart... Deeper.
Behind your soul... Deeper.
Behind your god... so much Deeper!
Your Gateless Barrier... Deeper...?
I have tears in my face
They are so much scarier
Than my fruitless chase
For my Gateless Barrier
I want to go Deeper, so much Deeper
Beyond the Gateless Barrier
To where there's no rhymes
To where there's no one
To where I find all...
I search for all in myself?
I search for myself among all?
Am I Black... Am I White?
Am I none...?
Am I none...?
I am all...
I am all.
I am all!
And all are me, see?
It dries my tears
Washing my fears
It is not the end
Not a Gateless Barrier
It is the beginning of discovery...
It is a Barrierless Gate!
And now, excuse-me
I'll go dive Deeper...
Pedro Cescon's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Gateless Barrier by Pedro Cescon )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(2 February 1882 – 13 January 1941)
(31 March 1934 – 31 May 2009)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Best Friend (In Hindi), Tavneet Singh
- Small-scale Reflections On A Great House, Ramesh Iyengar
- The Shoelace, Charles Bukowski
Poem of the Day
- Behind Closed Doors Once Again, Electric Lady
- Toronto, J.S. Campbell
- Unread Lines of My Existence, Sierra Staten
- The Guilt Trip, David Lewis Paget
- Ambrosia, Gaby Bernier
- Music is the bliss., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Live while you live., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Man dangles without woman., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Religion is a recreation., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- I have got my body, gajanan mishra