A Good Woman
A good woman can be an inspiration and inspire her man to greater things in life
And I envy him he is a lucky fellow the man with a good and a devoted wife
For a woman can make or even break you and a good woman is not that hard to find
The men may be more physically powerful but the mental strength belong to woman kind.
Behind every good man 'tis said there's a good woman and with such a quote how can one disagree
The mother is the wife and the home maker and she is the linchpin of the family
She is the glue that binds the family together and to her children a loyal and a true friend
And though the son may be a law transgressor his mother him
will fearlessly defend.
The good women are the mothers of the good people the kind and loving people of today
And their good work 'twould seem is far from finished though
the passing years have left them looking gray
Mentors and role models of their grandchildren and their good work is destined to live on
In the humanity of their descendants though from this World and life they are long gone
A good woman she is an inspiration and she is more than worth her weight in gold
And she is one who doesn't decrease in value though the years have left her looking gray and old
The old bloke who lives across the way is in his seventies and he often recalls his better years
And when he talks about his long dead mother one gets the feeling he is close to tears.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Good Woman by Francis Duggan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Internet Poets, Without Pen & Paper & Th.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- How Suicide Works, C Jay Caputo
- The CPI(M) Should Not Talk of Himan Rig.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Rain Cries Zeiden, Ghost Kitty
- Walk with a child, gajanan mishra
- leave something for reason, Manonton Dalan
- Dear Life! I'm not mad at you, Piyush Dey
- give me love in a ditch, as long as it's.., Mandolyn ...
- Haiku: 'Schrodinger's Cat' pontificates .., Brian Johnston
- Child - symbol of, gajanan mishra