A Grimm Tale
there once was a man in Lamile,
who thought he saw something vile,
he turned his head and went to bed forlorn,
his wife wept when he didn't wake up in next morn'
there once was a boy in Maeloney,
who thought he saw something bony,
the family quibbled and thought him a phony,
till he went all loony.
there once was a woman at Ridgemont,
who says a robed figure that could make fruit rot,
the deputy thought it was publicity saught,
but with a knife, it was blood she got.
there once was a girl in Dublythe,
who said she saw a skeleton with scythe,
but her stories soon made her father shiver,
and with delight threw her in the river,
such a sight still had the locals remember with fright.
there once was a body at Shearim,
that had an envolope to you from grimm,
the body of the letter slim,
better ask to have your memory commited to hymm,
because it says you now belong to him.
Happy Hallow's Eve...
Jacob Biehl's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Grimm Tale by Jacob Biehl )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Killings! Killings!, Udaya R. Tennakoon
- Long ago and far away., richard harris
- in memory of my first and last love, LUZAAN de Bruyn
- A Pair Of Messy Birds (Fun Poem 158), David Harris
- Beyond The Desert, Tracee Olga
- Tumbleweed, Robert Kane
- The Motorcyclists, James Tate
- The Definition of Gardening, James Tate
- Escape, Sadiqullah Khan
- Dial the Number Zero, Pintu Mahakul