A Grimm Tale
there once was a man in Lamile,
who thought he saw something vile,
he turned his head and went to bed forlorn,
his wife wept when he didn't wake up in next morn'
there once was a boy in Maeloney,
who thought he saw something bony,
the family quibbled and thought him a phony,
till he went all loony.
there once was a woman at Ridgemont,
who says a robed figure that could make fruit rot,
the deputy thought it was publicity saught,
but with a knife, it was blood she got.
there once was a girl in Dublythe,
who said she saw a skeleton with scythe,
but her stories soon made her father shiver,
and with delight threw her in the river,
such a sight still had the locals remember with fright.
there once was a body at Shearim,
that had an envolope to you from grimm,
the body of the letter slim,
better ask to have your memory commited to hymm,
because it says you now belong to him.
Happy Hallow's Eve...
Jacob Biehl's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Grimm Tale by Jacob Biehl )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- Final Destination, Tushar Ray
- Our city's curfew, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- No regrets, george albot
- CENTER YOURSELF, Christina Sunrise
- My balls, Nassy Fesharaki
- Transported in Place, Lawrence Beck
- GROUND YOURSELF, Christina Sunrise
- Fired For Facebook Defense Of Cows, Saiom Shriver
- Friend, Alfred Oyori
- Offer Peacefully, Chinweokwu Sunlight M. Ndubu ..