Ace Of Black Hearts
A Guess In Time
When the fox comes out of the hole will you see what he was or is or will be?
Firm hands grab to shake you.
Wake up, wake up.
From this trance, from this dance.
As the lance moves towards you so swiftly, why is it that you still do not defend.
Death is calling, one more, one more.
To this sacrifice blows his pipers.
Easily done, easily forgotten.
As if this is the pill we should all swallow.
With out neither question or objection.
A confident matter of factually hums through the clouds.
Abandoned to all fortunes the fickle fate.
Prophesies do still lie in wait.
A catalyst will come to shake them up.
What is always true is there are a million treads that lead in a million directions.
And above attached to these threads is a wheel that will never stop spinning or keep us from guessing for the right choice.
As if the right of a choice can be so easily decided.
Secrets of time have not and will not confide in anyone.
Yet it still amazes with crazes of lure.
Measured by love, war, and gold.
Life is but a small luster when compared to her beauty.
Ace Of Black Hearts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Guess In Time by Ace Of Black Hearts )
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Play The Game, Jessie Pope
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- PH: Echo: True Love, Brian Johnston
- Snow Blind..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Nostalgia, Rimni chakravarty
- The Spirit-World, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Blinded by stress, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Of Fauns Of Satyrs, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The next activity, Emmanuel George Cefai
- As aged I, Emmanuel George Cefai
- true friend, Rani Jain
- In laziness begot, Emmanuel George Cefai