A H.E.B WOULD NOT SHOOT BACK
A highly evolved being would give its life
if you wanted to kill this being with a gun or a knife.
A highly evolved being would not shoot back
for it knows it’s soul lasts and lasts.
So as you see
on a highly evolved planet
people don’t die from greed.
They don’t die at all
in fact they all have a ball.
Not like on Earth where we are infants still
not like a real infant who is real.
Real before the innocence was lost
lost to the planetary dream which dearly costs.
Written by Suzanna Chevalier on March 7,2012
Suzanna Chevalier's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A H.E.B WOULD NOT SHOOT BACK by Suzanna Chevalier )
- Science and Religion, SANDIP GOSWAMI
- ............. Traveling To Meet Minor In.., Is It Poetry
- So Much More, Sandra Feldman
- 157. An Ex's Word Is Easily Broken, John Westlake
- Kiss Me, Adriana Avilaa
- She Knew it was Irrational, Jacqueline Nash
- pass the offering plate, Mandolyn ...
- If Your Reflection Could Kill, Russell Nero
- The blues, blaz zigon
- Feminine Beauty, chanchal gupta
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- My Love Is Like To Ice, Edmund Spenser
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)