A Kingdom is Lost.
I sit chanting the incantation
Of nothingness at times.
When my inner self tolls.
Piercing myriad luminous curtains
Appears the wonder-bird
By the golden window.
Nature has her ways of
Blending and uniting.
When the million-colored,
Multi-winged get tired,
She sits panting at the sill,
Still with nose and eyes full of hopes.
A breeze with heavenly scent opens
Her ways wide to virgin worlds.
Incantations take new births!
Whispers turn euphonious notes!
Rain, Sun, Blossoms and Birds
Add chorus to the new music!
Rainbows descend beyond mountain crest,
Rabbits run in mirth across.
All remains serine and live
Until wife chides, “ In trance again,
Unworthy pursuits are you in? ”!
Alas! One more Kingdom is lost.
Tajudeen Shah's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Kingdom is Lost. by Tajudeen Shah )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Making Poetry, Anne Stevenson
- Power of money, Somanathan Iyer
- To My Daughter in a Red Coat, Anne Stevenson
- Perplexed, Somanathan Iyer
- The Spirit Is Too Blunt an Instrument, Anne Stevenson
- The Miracle of the Bees and the Foxgloves, Anne Stevenson
- I am the authority, life and rule for my.., Melikhaya Zagagana
- Holding Moments, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Enigma, Anne Stevenson
- Temporarily in Oxford, Anne Stevenson