Dr John Celes (14-2-1957 / Coimbatore, Tamilnadu, India)
A Leader’s Sad Demise
A former PM was banished;
The charm of the land has vanished;
A valiant leader is no more;
The hearts of many are quite sore.
One selfish man denies the rest,
Democracy that is the best
For Pakistan, India’s neighbor;
People shouldn’t give up their labor!
A glorious lady’s soul is lost;
No money can equal her cost;
Who will don her mantle from now?
There is no answer right now, oh!
Can elections be held now fair?
The stench of blasts is in the air;
God knows if ’tis a bane or boon;
God grant the people calmness soon.
May God grant her Eternal Rest!
Copyright by Dr John Celes 12-28-2007
Poet Other Poems
- "Happy Birthday, Dear Octogenarian ...
- "Happy May Day,2012! "
- (a mono-rhyme) To be exalted...
- (Matthew 27 v.46)
- ‘’Tis Time to Get Married! ’
- ‘Bees will Return to Hives! ’
- ‘Cheer Up, Fella! ’
- ‘Dogo Erectus’!
- ‘Happy Birthday! ' Dear Mary, Mother of ...
- ‘Happy Birthday! ’ Dear Doctor
- ‘Happy Birthday, Dear Diana! ’
- ‘Happy Birthday, Mahatma Gandhiji! ’
- ‘Happy Birthday, Mum! '
- ‘Happy Birthday’ My Dear Sister, Clemenc...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.