moon batchelder (04-27-55 / bemidji, minnesota)
A Life Well Lived
a life well lived is fraught with stains.
some are forever set,
and last beyond remembrance of their cause.
like grassy green on favorite jeans
or crimson wine on linen
or carpet marked by muddied puppy's paws.
so many cherished moments bind
themselves unto a stain.
like accidental photographs; and yet
most daunting those, that haunt our souls
insideous and unbidden.
that linger tho we wish we could forget.
moon batchelder's Other Poems
- ! If Only!
- ! Take Me!
- (13 x 2) Shine
- (A Poet's) An Anachronism
- (A Scathing Character Study) The Puff ...
- (a thirteen) - Breathe...
- (a thirteen) - Caged
- (Dreams Or) Gather Them, Gather Them
- (Fiat Lux!) Let There Be Light!
- *(Lyrics) ...Talkin' Tonight
- *His Angel*
- [13 form] Will
- 13 'Risk'
- A Butterfly Wont Linger
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.