A Little Close; A Little Far.
Sometimes I go through the day without rest
Sometimes I lie in my bed to ease the stress
And when I open my eyes to behold reality,
I would wish I could make my dreams real.
If I see, I might take
Out of curiosity, I might taste
If I taste, I might swallow
And if I do, I would be said to be shallow.
When I look, my attention gets caught
When I see, I get distracted in my thought
When I watch, I would want to get a little closer
With hope that the nightmare will be over.
I just want to be a little close, and a little far
A little close, but not too far
All I want is to be free
And I am keeping it real.
Like the eagle, I soar
Like the lion, I roar
I think that I am moving forward
But my lonely heart tells me that I am a coward
Nevertheless, the man in the mirror remains a champion
He still frees his will like the lion
He still won't give up as a soldier
And he still walks around in broad shoulders.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Little Close; A Little Far. by Freewill Amon )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- You Say, Leesaan Robertson
- Mr jekyll and Doctor hyde (advert for a .., lee fones
- Ghar sey chale toh the maikhane ko - Gha.., Talab ...
- Two Thumbs Up And No Head Bowed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- I Am A Temple, Elma Burke
- dirTY scratches on a napkin by, the de.., sEaN nOrTh
- Words, Monica Lanier
- I Believed In You, Lilly Emery
- Fairyland, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Babul ki Dua, Akhtar Jawad