A Little Fear
Of brave acts of courageous people we often do read of and hear
But we all have our fears and our phobias though we only live in fear of fear
Still we do need fear for our survival where are they the bravest of the brave
Their lack of fear proved their undoing it gave to them an early grave.
The fellow who ran from the battle he lived on to be old and gray
But the fearless they kept on fighting they are the dead heroes of today
They are honoured in song and in story and in every war parade
And often at the war memorial the last post for them by bugler is played.
But fear to us is a good ally and it can help us to stay alive
Those without fear are seldom long lived people few of the truly brave to an old age survive
Discretion is often the better part of valor with that quote i have to agree
Perhaps i too would be one of the deceased had i in me more bravery.
Of brave acts of courageous people we so often hear of and read
But for to insure our survival a little of fear we do need
The brave seldom live to be older though their praises we do love to sing
And a little fear can be to our advantage it really is not a bad thing.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Little Fear by Francis Duggan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- If Live With Me, Dr. Prabir Acharjee Nayan
- Having Been Blinded, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- When is tomorrow, Victor Cruickshank
- This Special Gift, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sonnet.3. Our Home, Valsa George
- Dreaming Feelings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Perfection is unattainable, Victor Cruickshank
- Sorry I came but I must come, Victor Cruickshank
- Accepting You, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- No Survivors, Victor Cruickshank