Jeffrey The Budgie
A Little Trouble
Blackened wall blackened paint
fiery drops did fall
Smell of gasoline
Think i didn't see the writing on the wall?
The saints are coming. Memento mori
They came and tried to kill my love.
But the thought of dying bores me
And a little trouble makes a great story.
Old hotels where i used to meet them
Bring me back these memories
Im not like everyone
neither are you
Were sparks, we fell from the sun
Times Long gone. Like darkness in the midday sun. Long gone. sparks are fading one by one. Now is only talking. And theyre never ever done. Saints in long tall dresses tell me what im doing's wrong.
Slow down Before you fall
Or crash into the ground
Theyre always trying to warn me but
The good is already done.
Yeah, the good is already done.
The saints are coming. Memento mori.
Feel free to Try and kill my song.
Im telling you. it wont bore me
a little trouble makes a great story.
Jeffrey The Budgie's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Little Trouble by Jeffrey The Budgie )
- Mystic Journey, Elizabeth Melillo
- Court of Life, Kolade Seun
- Entropic Being., John Lee Williams
- What The Tortoise Said, Tony Adah
- Forgiveness, Tiger Lily
- Stature, Nassy Fesharaki
- Twinkle twinkle little star - 6, ramesh rai
- Man Overboard, Tiffany Alexis
- The World Is Confounded, Tony Adah
- Twinkle twinkle little star - 5, ramesh rai
Poem of the Day
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)