A little word called crazy!
A little word called crazy
Which people use when they are being lazy.
The word crazy covers a multi of goods and ills
Mad, bad, sad, cool
or even acting the fool.
It’s used in our everyday language
But it’s often misunderstood
But it fits into sentences so well (and so good)
Sometimes you can’t seem to see the origins for this word
it sounds so absurd the way its used and abused
like crazy baby, crazy sin, a crazy outer and a crazy in!
Crazy actually means mad insane or foolish
so says the dictionary
but you can be crazy in love with someone
perhaps we are all crazy to be using this word
maybe it’s so absurd that you can use it in so many ways
in everyday life.
But the English language is good like that!
Daniel Hooks's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A little word called crazy! by Daniel Hooks )
- Lingerings, Stephen Warren Williams
- Love is Heaven's Bliss, Aftab Alam
- Nobody F-in' Loves Me! : D, Mr. Nobody
- Waiting Solo, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- When My Death Comes, Shalom Freedman
- Interior Poet, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Set a date, hasmukh amathalal
- Mandela, Gary Corseri
- In my own idea, gajanan mishra
- Sink deep, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 March 1926 – 25 July 1966)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 October 1942 -)