A living icon
Will our country be able to withstand the lost
when our icon dies?
Shall we be able to overcome the lost
when death sets in?
Shall our country fall to chaos
and our lives be in disarray,
our shall we deny
the things that is happening?
Shall our economy be strong enough
and I wonder if there shall be work for everyone
and shall the price of fuel keep on rising
and will the man on the street
be able to pay for his food?
Shall we loose all our hope
or shall we just deny it?
Shall corruption escalate
and the cruelty of man increase
when hope is gone?
Shall innocent lives be lost?
Shall we all pay the price,
when the reality of it all sinks in?
Will our country be able
to withstand the death of a icon
and will we rise like a phoenix out of the ashes
and live with the hope of freedom?
Daleen Enslinstrydom's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A living icon by Daleen Enslinstrydom )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A Poppy Seed is Only A Poppy Seed and You?, Monk E. Biz
- Look At Me Straight, Dr. Prabir Acharjee Nayan
- SELF DISCOVERY 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- The Child and Rain, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- LOVE IS..., Beryl Dov
- Baltic nights, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- the perfect girl, glen pugh
- Raining Love, Sandra Feldman
- I Still Read, An Apology For Someone Pro.., Michael McParland
- Not Missed, Michael McParland