Barry Van Allen
A Long, Long, time!
Hidden in the shadows of her mind,
there are some reasons that the lady cannot find,
I could not see them as they were,
I didn't see enough, or read the signs,
Her true past is only seen by her,
... as I alone see mine.
... I love her still and guess I will,
for quite a long, long time.
There was a space, a special place,
where she and I would go,
in our hearts were shipwrecked parts,
of the journeys we have known.
Some say that it was meant to be,
that ships would run aground,
that love would end up lost at sea,
with partial dreams not found.
I wish we could have found the way,
and made a different yesterday,
I sometimes wish she'd come and talk,
I wish that she would walk with me,
... and show me things that I won't see,
out in the rainy sunshine...
I love her and I guess I will,
for quite a long, long, time!
Barry Van Allen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Long, Long, time! by Barry Van Allen )
- Her Front Door, Randy McClave
- Thankless animal, hasmukh amathalal
- Treat Me Right, Katherine Nordhaus
- A Call to the MinuteMen, Michael Stevens
- Romeos morning serenade climb, Mark Heathcote
- Screamers, Lev Brekhman
- Bitter lament, Lev Brekhman
- Breakheart solo, Lev Brekhman
- Pygmalion, Lev Brekhman
- Be ready, Lev Brekhman
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Surfer, Judith Wright
- The Genius Of The Crowd, Charles Bukowski
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)