Barry Van Allen
A Long, Long, time!
Hidden in the shadows of her mind,
there are some reasons that the lady cannot find,
I could not see them as they were,
I didn't see enough, or read the signs,
Her true past is only seen by her,
... as I alone see mine.
... I love her still and guess I will,
for quite a long, long time.
There was a space, a special place,
where she and I would go,
in our hearts were shipwrecked parts,
of the journeys we have known.
Some say that it was meant to be,
that ships would run aground,
that love would end up lost at sea,
with partial dreams not found.
I wish we could have found the way,
and made a different yesterday,
I sometimes wish she'd come and talk,
I wish that she would walk with me,
... and show me things that I won't see,
out in the rainy sunshine...
I love her and I guess I will,
for quite a long, long, time!
Barry Van Allen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Long, Long, time! by Barry Van Allen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The One Nobody Wants, Paul Burt
- Beauty Of Another Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Resilience, Skyline's Vermillion Intermi.., Ryan Scales
- strayed desires, Asma Riaz Khan
- Kill me............, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Let me salute you, gajanan mishra
- Life is Beautiful, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- Changing Landscapes Of Time, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- should i add this to our Irish stew?, Mandolyn ...
- Reflections, Nero CaroZiv