A Love That's Past
My mind wonders back
to a love I used to know,
a heart that was glad,
but now I'm so low.
I'm sitting in my room
just staring at the wall,
I'll get a phone call.
Life lingers on;
No matter what you do,
they tell you a lie,
"if" they say "I love you".
O how it hurts when a love leaves you alone,
they stay for awhile,
then they're gone.
Time will tell
what love will bring,
a heart that grows
when wedding bells ring.
No more heartaches,
no more gone.
A love that's past,
is hope at last.
Love will shine,
when two entwine.
a phone call today, will soon pass away.
A Love so bright,
on my wedding day.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Love That's Past by Suella Holt )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Poem of the Day
- A Villain I, Bijay Kant Dubey
- I.H.Rizvi, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Crying Tonight, Michael P. McParland
- Ballad Of A Mothers Love, Kewayne Wadley
- Terrorist, Kewayne Wadley
- Hari Om, Bijay Kant Dubey
- सपना इतना..sapna itna, hasmukh amathalal
- Hard labour, hasmukh amathalal
- Peace will prevail..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Divine Vs Divination, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi