A Love That's Past
My mind wonders back
to a love I used to know,
a heart that was glad,
but now I'm so low.
I'm sitting in my room
just staring at the wall,
I'll get a phone call.
Life lingers on;
No matter what you do,
they tell you a lie,
"if" they say "I love you".
O how it hurts when a love leaves you alone,
they stay for awhile,
then they're gone.
Time will tell
what love will bring,
a heart that grows
when wedding bells ring.
No more heartaches,
no more gone.
A love that's past,
is hope at last.
Love will shine,
when two entwine.
a phone call today, will soon pass away.
A Love so bright,
on my wedding day.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Love That's Past by Suella Holt )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Tazkera–e-bewafa …………, shaik sahal
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
Poem of the Day
- Hymn To Morning, Naveed Khalid
- A NIGHT OF INCANTATIONS, Bayo Adebowale
- A Walk In The Woods, Michael Webb
- A Song Of Joys, Walt Whitman
- Fließendes Grün, Floy Dy (Floyd) Ra (Floydson)
- Release yourself, Elena Ioannou
- BETCHE SAID PATIENCE, ANTHONY KIRUI
- Crazy Thing, Leah Ayliffe
- A Thought A Head, Ima Ryma
- **कधी कधी **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge