Alon Calinao Dy
I am a lover and a dreamer
I dream that one day
I would conquer my greatest fear-
Fear of hurting my dearest Pearl Gay.
I've been down before with a heart broken-
Hurt, cried and forsaken.
Yet I'm a certified lover
Willing to bear the pain to the one I loved.
Even though a sharpest spear
Would hit me in the heart,
I won't give up my love for her.
Still I'll break rocks for my sweetheart.
Alon Calinao Dy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Lover by Alon Calinao Dy )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Memory Without Remorse, Kyle Schlicher
- Question Answered, Kyle Schlicher
- Spearmint Leaves, Saiom Shriver
- THIS LIFE IS UP-SIDE-DOWN هذه الحياة متك.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Islands of Flowers, Marilyn Lott
- Home-makers, Dr Deena Padayachee
- I APOLOGIZE FOR YOU, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- On your toe, shubham sutar
- I don't know what to think of it, shubham sutar
- you lives in me, shubham sutar