Alon Calinao Dy
My father approached me by surprise
And telling me, he wants to go to a Casino.
However, he'd like me to tell a lie.
I said to my father,
''My mother has the right to know.''
My friend called me on my mobile
To tell his Girlfriend
That he attended the meeting,
But he was on dating.
I confronted my friend,
I said, ''Better inform your girlfriend
Because I just can't tell another lie.''
My wife told me yesterday,
She said, ''I am sorry.''
But when I looked into her eyes,
I saw lack of sincerity.
I told my wife,
''Hey, you can't lie to me.''
Now I ask myself,
Why everyone needs to lie?
It's the lie that I hate,
It's that lie that I don't want it,
It's the lie that I can't forgive,
And it's a lie that I can't forget.
After all, a lie is a lie.
Alon Calinao Dy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
A lie is a lie, so better not hide.
Comments about this poem (A Lie by Alon Calinao Dy )
- Scattered dreams, gajanan mishra
- The Glow on the Outback Hill, David Lewis Paget
- God's Kind of Poetry, Diane Hine
- Whole world enjoys with this pain,, Aftab Alam
- Epitaph, Naveed Khalid
- By The Corner, Abby Bilan
- COPLA 109 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Poet as a life(SLIM JAY), Prince Lartey
- Know the meaning of life, gajanan mishra
- Oracle, Naveed Khalid
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- At Last She Comes, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)