A lover's goodbye.
I have broken commandments I deserve to die
don't weep for me for no tears I cry.
You may not forgive my adulterous crimes
but only God can judge me and I pray he won't forsake me.
Let he without sin cast the first stone
let he with out sin place a noose round my throat.
My only hope is I find peace in death
for life has no meaning now love's bond is broken.
I was forced into marriage at such a young age
and my husband will be judged by his domineering ways.
You can punish me as you see fit
but you'll never break my soul or my spirit.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A lover's goodbye. by Maria Shaw )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Salome (Rubiyat sonnet), Gert Strydom
- See everything pure, gajanan mishra
- When I hold you tightly against me, Gert Strydom
- the gramophone record, Somanathan Iyer
- the idiot box, Somanathan Iyer
- We can't live, Somanathan Iyer
- Ideals, Somanathan Iyer
- That's Racist, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The best I could do, Somanathan Iyer
- A Confidence Born Of Grace, John deVries