He was like a colorful picture,
Painted in abstract colors of gray.
His extraordinary ambiance affected no one,
Though he posed brilliantly each day.
An enigmatic presence he possessed
And guarded it jealously as if obsessed.
That colorless thieves might steal or
Better yet his true nature reveal.
These exceptional qualities hid him well
As he prowled the naked world to tell.
Of worlds and creatures not so strange
Resembling the lifeless horses mange.
As he dreams of days gone by
Hoping soon to learn to fly
Away from the colorless sky
He hopes to do this and not die.
Lento Maez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Man by Lento Maez )
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(3rd April 19sixty)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Bluebird, Charles Bukowski
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- वक्त का तकाजा है vakt ka takaaja hai, hasmukh amathalal
- A Lesson Learnt, Leong Ming Loong
- Pleasantries (Ghazal), Akhtar Jawad
- In love power, hasmukh amathalal
- Arrivals, Maylee Bossy
- Companionship, Leong Ming Loong
- Remain helpless, hasmukh amathalal
- A MINER'S DESTINY, Randy McClave
- Save Them, BARBARA ALVARADO
- Full recitation, hasmukh amathalal