A man of Character
With age, one in life's ladder escalates,
When the mind with age synchronizes.
He steps up and an exalted life portends,
He is true to life and to loftier planes transcends.
God made the beast with mind minimal,
He made man to discriminate from the animal.
Hence man should nurture profound thoughts,
As He formed the human against other lives of sorts.
His parlance sans breach should be of kind speech,
His sweet utterances the others should reach.
His deeds should function with benevolence,
He aught to ply his task with good performance.
His thoughts, locution, and action, altogether
Appropriate him to great heights as a man of character.
chandra thiagarajan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A man of Character by chandra thiagarajan )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Alexander Sergeyevich Pushkin
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- To an Athlete Dying Young, Alfred Edward Housman
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Falling Fast, Electric Lady
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
Poem of the Day
- Who you are, V P Mahur
- Why They Come, V P Mahur
- My Parents, V P Mahur
- Poor Little Tree, Leong Ming Loong
- Wish You Were Here, Eugene Latumbo
- કોઈ પણ બહાને koi pan, hasmukh amathalal
- Observation, Hans Raj Sharma
- MY CUSTOM, SirLalianMwittah Nyalali
- ANOKHA YEH DUNIYA KA MELA, Om Chawla
- The 4th day of Christmas, mai venn