A Successful Woman
When a man wishes to enter the wedding altar,
He chooses to have a traditional wife
Who cooks, cleans and is submissive without strife.
When he is unable to make both ends meet,
His pecuniary condition becomes his grouse,
And he sends for employment his spouse.
To the family ‘s income streams—she adds,
And with the finances now more secure,
A part he saves, and a house, he does procure.
She is better exposed to the world,
And has knowledge to discuss with her husband
About the investments in the best fund.
The children are no more molly coddled,
They become spirited and independent,
And learn to be more brave and confident.
She takes the home and country forward,,
By fulfilling her dual roles' obligation,
And is a successful woman with soul satisfaction.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Successful Woman by chandra thiagarajan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Ode To The Iroko Dryad, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- What one should not do jn the learned as.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- I Got Lost in Your Eyes, Hebert Logerie
- Crawling Into Bed, Michael McParland
- Prime Truth - 95, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Prime Truth - 94, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Whatever Happened?, Mark Kosek
- Prime Truth - 93, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Lacertilian Writers, Abdullah alHemaidy
- Painful Throbbing Tides, Michael McParland