A Man Who Set His Journey Back To Time
I closed my eyes tightly awaiting sleep caressing the conscious with its magical touch! Through the slightly opened window glasses, the northern wind whistles humming the melodies of distant past! O dear angel, of a blissful night, sit besides me, for a night of ardent love!
Through the falling lids of jaded eyes, show me a land dense of green, amidst the woods appear the streams, the bells of anklets of a naughty girl hide beneath the huge tree trunks. Chasing the shyness deep in the woods, lead me to the virgin lands, unseen, unworn!
Show me a hut there to refuge my dreams, lit a lamp of wisdom for the passersby! An adobe for an adorable beast or beauty or for flying birds or stinging flies – an adobe that would embrace them tight unto heart. Kiss them adieu in a morning, when the distant paths await their paces.
Upon the dark lit summer skies, show me meteors showering the riches; brush my eyes with colours celestial; let me pick them all and bury deep for ages to come. Come not O greedy eyes of lust, for its saved for the noble souls.
Show me twilight, where colours melting unto the distant horizons would leave me lone in profound muse! Winter, when the lastest leaf faint upon the arms of chilled breeze, lit a pyre of noble thoughts, embrace me the warmth of an abundant life!
Show me a tomb earthly under the mist, upon which the December flowers wither their petals! And a naked man kneeling down upon on the wet green with his temples on the marble and caressing the inscription: ‘A man who set his journey back to time! ’
O the angel of darkest night, hold my hands and take me aboard!
© Preeth Nambiar 2013
Preeth Nambiar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Man Who Set His Journey Back To Time by Preeth Nambiar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Anecdote of the Jar, Wallace Stevens
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Indian Weavers, Sarojini Naidu
Poem of the Day
- I Chose To Mickey With The Mouse, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Honey-Bee Lover, Paul Sebastian
- How real is This Truth?, michael walkerjohn
- What Bhagavad Gita is not, Bashyam Narayanan
- Sold, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Pain, Pain Knows No Race, Hebert Logerie
- God's Hands Of Love, Tom Zart
- Alone, Samantha Gronn
- David, Casey Renee Kiser
- She Stuck Her Butt Out At Me..., wanderer sailor