A Millionaire's First Love
Yes, I am a millionaire.
Yes, I do anything, I dare.
I fight, I drink, I drive
No one stands in my way, I bribe.
This was me and I let it be.
Until I met you,
Until I started to like you
And when I got to know you
My life started to change
Reminded me of a long forgotten past
And a promise of '10 nights'
Who would have seen this coming.
Who would have wished for a second coming.
But I came back too late.
I broke ur heart.
Our fate had it hard.
I can't tell you 'I like you',
For I fear you might just go away
For it hurts to see you writhe in pain.
I may not be what I am outside.
I may not be able to do anything besides
Creating trouble, being useless aside.
And all this time I might be silently crying,
For you to make your time worth living
For you to make your life a moment longer
For you to keep smiling forever.
You are someone who's charmed me, my love.
For you I'd kneel low.
And just so u know,
You are a millionaire's first love.
Thoithoi Tongbram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Millionaire's First Love by Thoithoi Tongbram )
- Turn violent, hasmukh amathalal
- With Life, Michael McParland
- May be sufficient, hasmukh amathalal
- Any possible race, hasmukh amathalal
- Flowers For The Resting Beds, Poetic Lilly Emery
- Tomaryee kanthe, ramesh rai
- Now frank, hasmukh amathalal
- You do burrow right into my soul, Gert Strydom
- Jeopardy (Rubliw), Gert Strydom
- Love shall return, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Ithaca, Constantine P. Cavafy
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)