A Model Hero Odin
O, dear friends! May I tell
a, tale of Graceful Norse God? .
Odin or Woden of the Norse Myth
Father of gods and men on Earth
Faced much risk, to help His world
Mimir the God of Knowledge claimed
One of His eyes to share knowledge.
Suffering much studied Woden-
Runes on wood, metal and stone.
Ravens on either side of His shoulder
Fetch the news from far and wide
Thought and memory were two birds
Hugin and Munin they were called.
He got skaldic mead from the Giants
Touch of which makes anyone a poet.
Gracious Odin gave away His skills
To all gods and men of His reign.
Can you be such a heroic leader
To save our sighing Motherland?
Note: Norse Myth=Mythology of the Scandinavian area. The day of the Woden is Wednesday.
Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Model Hero Odin by Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran )
Poem of the Day
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)