A Model Hero Odin
O, dear friends! May I tell
a, tale of Graceful Norse God? .
Odin or Woden of the Norse Myth
Father of gods and men on Earth
Faced much risk, to help His world
Mimir the God of Knowledge claimed
One of His eyes to share knowledge.
Suffering much studied Woden-
Runes on wood, metal and stone.
Ravens on either side of His shoulder
Fetch the news from far and wide
Thought and memory were two birds
Hugin and Munin they were called.
He got skaldic mead from the Giants
Touch of which makes anyone a poet.
Gracious Odin gave away His skills
To all gods and men of His reign.
Can you be such a heroic leader
To save our sighing Motherland?
Note: Norse Myth=Mythology of the Scandinavian area. The day of the Woden is Wednesday.
Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Model Hero Odin by Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- My Daughter, My Daughter, I Know It They.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- On A Kiss, Sambanath Denis
- Mechanical Love, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Life on the edge, Stephen Brian Brady
- The Miracle in a Poem, Sandra Feldman
- Angels Come, Sambanath Denis
- love for jezebel, ademola oluwabusayo
- Process Of Imagination, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Growing Older, Kyle Schlicher
- Smoking Euthanasia, Dexsta Ray