A Moment's Contemplation
While the waves softly thundered,
And the darkening sky revealed its wonder,
My thoughts grew feathers and took flight.
But I was weary and the hour was late,
And the winds were growing cooler within the night.
But for an enlightened moment, I did hesitate -
For the moonlight on the water was a ghostly trail,
And it seemed if I were to follow, I might into heaven sail,
Or plunge over the edge of earth and into hell...
And I knew that this is what the mind most contemplates.
Jonathan Platt's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Moment's Contemplation by Jonathan Platt )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Woman, callum marvin
- Interior Light Shining, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- "Baby talk", Mark Heathcote
- GAZA'S TRIUMPH IS EVERYONE'S, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Wondering Moments, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Shadows Leading Me, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Fairness!, Clarence Prince
- At Her Feet, Naveed Akram
- Enjoying Interior Sensations, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Know everything at least, gajanan mishra