There Is A Moment...
There is a moment when the sun descends the western stairs
And welcomes the coming dusk...
When the sky fashions a color
That beckons the painter's brush.
There is a moment when light and darkness share the evening,
It is a time just before
The Night fully opens its window
And the Day completely closes its door.
There is moment when the silence slowly unravels,
When tranquility begins to unfurl.
There is a moment, a perfect moment,
When all seems right with the world.
Jonathan Platt's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (There Is A Moment... by Jonathan Platt )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Alexander Sergeyevich Pushkin
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- To an Athlete Dying Young, Alfred Edward Housman
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Falling Fast, Electric Lady
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Warning, Jenny Joseph