A Mother's Love
A Mother's love is stronger than any bough,
And we know how boughs can break.
She can turn tears into a smile,
Because a Mother knows the love it takes.
A Mother can accomplish anything,
Usually three times faster than Dad.
And we love to see her smile,
At the end of a movie that was sad.
A Mother can remember every appointment,
Better than any PDA.
She can tell us about each of our deliveries,
Each moment to the hour like it was yesterday.
A Mother will stay up all night,
Just to make sure we get our rest.
And even with the few hours of sleep she gets,
She still looks her best.
A Mother can buy the latest clothing trend,
Lower than any that are even heard of.
And if there was something we could never get enough of,
That would be our Mother's Love.
Jason Summers's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Mother's Love by Jason Summers )
- Fifty Percent, Tom Higgins
- Yamine, Edward Kofi Louis
- I want eyes, Nassy Fesharaki
- One More For The Road., Tom Higgins
- We don't accept anything anytime...., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Tread, read!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Against A Stone, Edward Kofi Louis
- Master of Plaster, Tom Higgins
- Tread, thread!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Father Dearest., Tom Higgins
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)