A needle in a haystack...
Why did it take so long for me to find you?
Why did it feel as if it took forever?
I felt that I did all the things I knew to do,
Perhaps they all were far too clever...
Devious and cunning, that's what they proved to be,
They thought that they were too far above my head -
They never let my true self shine, that which is me,
They thought that they were in control, instead...
I left them to the making of their own mind,
and took another path, which led away from them -
I put all the wounds, scars and gloom behind,
and buried all the trash from which thoughts stem...
I found you, just by chance, such was my luck,
Like a needle in a haystack, I sought you out -
You were a fruit of goodness, I chanced to pluck,
Not it's our love and happiness, I'd like to tout!
Love is something to be prized and fought for,
Not such a thing that fades and falls away -
Love is strong and gorgeous to the very core,
and lasts for all one's life, not for one ordinary day.
david lessard's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A needle in a haystack... by david lessard )
- Tread, thread!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Father Dearest., Tom Higgins
- Are We There Yet?, Tom Higgins
- Poles, Edward Kofi Louis
- Fictional Love, Stacey Austin
- Too Late Again., Tom Higgins
- Cutting my losses., michael walker
- Moonlight Shadows, Tango Tango
- Thoughts of Nought., Tom Higgins
- Lotsa Limericks - It Couldn't be Verse, Terry O'Leary
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)