((**)) A Night Of Love
You set a table for two,
Oh babe, just for me and you.
Poured a glass of red wine,
handsomely dressed, you look so fine.
You look at me and I at you,
we were meant to be.
The world belongs to you and me.
Your eyes met mine,
the feeling, so divine.
Oh Lord, don’t let this feeling end,
you’ve given me a lover and a best friend.
Is this a dream, will I wake up soon…..
Ahh, the music… playing… my favourite tune.
Please let this evening last,
no thoughts of yesterdays past..
You bring me joy, set my heart on fire.
Babe, you are the only one I desire.
Hold me close, let your heart meet mine,
Squeeze me tenderly, our bodies entwine.
I will truly love you, till the end of our days.
No matter what may come our way.
The music plays on and on,
dancing into the night listening to sweet song.
Swinging and twirling, with smiles on our face.
So blessed, we have found that special place.
Written: June 2,2008
Melvina Germain's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (((**)) A Night Of Love by Melvina Germain )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Without Purpose Or Reason Affixed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Baobab Tree, I Am Krakatoa
- Game of chance, Aftab Alam
- 'Tween Love and Hatred,, Aftab Alam
- Life alright, hasmukh amathalal
- A Child Is Like A Flowering Rose, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Only one...1, hasmukh amathalal
- Caring For A Lonely Heart, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Play Any Tune, Neela Nath
- It Was the Best Day, Sandra Feldman