A Nuclear Poem
I did not pass on the other side yet.
God is not ready for me.
I am still building the nose of the puppet.
Everything is fine & dandy on my side.
That’s too bad! No miracles in sight yet!
I live as if nothing extraordinary
Will happen in this world.
Except maybe Israel will boom boom
Iran’s nuclear toy making facilities
& another maybe is that Amerika
May try to convince India
To bomb Pakistan around the edges.
Just enough to show where the
Real power resides just in time for
A Christmas light show.
We do need a new star to guide us.
Alex Nodopaka Dec©2008
Alex Nodopaka's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Nuclear Poem by Alex Nodopaka )
- White Wings, Afit Riawan
- सोदोब, Ronjoy Brahma
- What Should I Comment?, Pintu Mahakul
- The Day Of Armageddon, Sir Toby
- जिउआ सानसे समायना, Ronjoy Brahma
- Shadow Girl, Leslie Philibert
- Dear Life, Mark Webster
- Art, Mark Webster
- Being satisfied I am happy, gajanan mishra
- Humanity's Supposed Lament, Shalom Freedman
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Conclusion, Sir Walter Raleigh
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- When You Are Old, William Butler Yeats
- A Character, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)