A Nuclear Poem
I did not pass on the other side yet.
God is not ready for me.
I am still building the nose of the puppet.
Everything is fine & dandy on my side.
That’s too bad! No miracles in sight yet!
I live as if nothing extraordinary
Will happen in this world.
Except maybe Israel will boom boom
Iran’s nuclear toy making facilities
& another maybe is that Amerika
May try to convince India
To bomb Pakistan around the edges.
Just enough to show where the
Real power resides just in time for
A Christmas light show.
We do need a new star to guide us.
Alex Nodopaka Dec©2008
Alex Nodopaka's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Nuclear Poem by Alex Nodopaka )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- To an Athlete Dying Young, Alfred Edward Housman
- Mending Wall, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Atonement, maria sudibyo
- Paper Cut, maria sudibyo
- Unfinished Poem, maria sudibyo
- I Want A Foreigner Girl For Me, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Blackberries / Briars, Frank Avon
- Daru Pikar Naya Varsha Shuru Karne Ka Er.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- It Is Time, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Mother's Love, Father's Love, Sister's L.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- 52, Frank Avon
- Treasure, M.J. Lemon